Progress so far.....
My hexi quilt will never be finished because the cat was sick all over it whilst I was piecing it together and so half of it had to be cut off and thrown away. The few blocks that were left have been made into this cushion and a loose cover for my footstool in the lounge.
Wasn't happy with the centre of the star so decided not to make it into a quilt... a cushion is fine if you don't look too closely!
Katy very kindly lent me her ruler for making kaleidoscope blocks. I had it for ages, long enough to make at least 3 quilts using that block but this was all I came up with.....enough for 2 cushions! I had to give it back to her eventually or she would have thought I had kidnapped it!! Sorry Katy.
This was my attempt at an 'Urban Deco' block. Love it but a quilt made using these blocks is a long way off.
These were made for a mini challenge. My friend Janie sent me a jelly roll and a couple of charm packs of Minick and Simpson fabric (can't remember the range) and these are what I made. I was trying out some foundation piecing and my little 'twister' ruler.
These were blocks left over from the quilt below....
This is a picture of them all on my sofa. They don't match anything in my house but since when has that been a factor in the quilts we make? Maybe 13 cushions is overkill......perhaps I should open a shop!
At least I am sorted for birthday gifts for a while!
Just in case you think I have been too self indulgent this week, I have done some work.
This lovely quilt made using a Material Obsessions pattern was beautifully made by Kris. She modified it slightly as she didn't want to applique the arch onto the background fabric. Instead she made a template and stitched it using curved piecing....so clever. This is one that is going on my quilting bucket list.
It was quilted using a pattern called 'bubbles' using a shocking pink thread.
The following quilt was made by Katy. A variation of the 'scrappy trip' quilts that we are all making at the moment. There are so many ways that the blocks can be set. Love that 'Chicopee' fabric. I still haven't cut into mine but seeing it all made up into a quilt has made me think I should get if off the shelf and into a quilt.
Katy wanted a sort of loopy figure of eight pattern on it so this is what I did. I used a bright green thread called lime splash.
This quilt was made by Jan using some lovely African blue and white fabrics.... so fresh.
Jan also made this storm at sea quilt. I quilted it with a wave pattern, keeping with the 'sea' theme.
Well that just about sums up my week. Hope you all have a good weekend.
PS. Have discovered Pinterest this week!! When I have worked out how to get a button on my blog, I will put one on if you want to see how I have been wasting hours of my time!!!!! So much inspiration. Love it.